Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life Experiences

            I grew up in a family with 12 children.  I am 10th of 12.  My parents adopted 5 of us. I was one of the adopted children.  My parents adopted my younger brother, who is 8 months younger, and my younger sister who is 13 months younger.  We were dubbed the triplets.  No one else in the family came close to the bond the three of us have.  We would do anything for one another.  One year my sister spent all her Christmas money and came to me crying a few days before.  I gave her what I had left.  I am blessed that all my siblings are still living.

I had to the opportunity to meet my biological mother.  I am grateful that she gave me up, and disappointed at the same time.  I would not trade my mother.  My mother raised me with all the love I needed.  She is fantastic!  My biological mother and I are exactly alike in many respects.  We look, talk, laugh, shoe size, and figure are identical. I had a magnetic attraction to my biological mother. It scared me.  My biological mother chose to give me up, after she had two other children she kept.  I cannot as a mother understand how one could do this.  I have a sister that also found her birth mother.  My sister learned she was a distant cousin of a famous actor. 

No comments: