Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Interests and Hobbies

            I love to work in my garden and my favorite is the antique rose bush.  No matter how much I cut it back the bush grows right back.  It has a powerful fragrance.  As a child my father also shared my passion for gardening. He found a nursery going out of business and bought the remaining inventory, roughly 300 azaleas. When purchasing anything including bulbs if one is good, two is better.
I love outdoor activities, such as boating, and swimming.  I love camping, and riding as a passenger on a motorcycle in the spring.  While riding I smell various fragrances of blooming flowers.  I enjoy hunting but have not done this in quite sometime, and shooting guns. I love the beach.  At 11, I decided on a beach trip that I would live by the water when I grew up.  I live on the Chesapeake Bay, in the morning watching the sunrise over glass water and thank God I live where I can see this everyday. Our local beach is loaded with shark’s teeth I love to collect.  
Reading is a passion particularly historical figure biographies, and books that tell a good story about that individual.  The Outlanders by Diana Gabldeon is a great example of a series that I absolutely love.  European History is a deep interest not just with England, but all the relational ties within Europe.  I like learning monarchies, and drivers for was as well as the military tactical planning.  I like seeing how religion took a huge role in splitting into factions, for and against the Catholic Church.  I also find interesting court life and moral expectations.   

No comments: